If you are a yacht club
member and in the Georgia Strait or Puget Sound area, your club may
have a reciprocal agreement with us.
Ladner Yacht Club is
located in Historic Ladner Village on the south arm of the Fraser River
and has some attractive features for reciprocal visitors:
Please call ahead to ensure space is available.
- We are situated in a naturaly sheltered fresh water basin protected from both wind and waves.
a short walking distance there are several restaurants and pubs as well
as shopping centers and marine services. (See map below)
Adjacent to the yacht
club is a nature reserve for bird watching and an exceptional two hour
kayak/dinghy loop useable at high tide.
- LYC office number 604-946-4056. Leave a message if you get our answering machine.
Maximum vessel length is 50 ft.
- The first 48 hours is free and thereafter at 50 cents/ft for a maximum stay of 1 week.
- 30 AMP power available at $3.00/day.
- Ample free parking and water.
- Washrooms in clubhouse.
- Please fly your club burgee and bring your current club membership card. You will be issued a gate key for your stay.
For those unfamiliar with
the Fraser River, the key advice is to plan your arrival to coincide
within an hour or two of high tide when currents are relatively slack
(not low tide). The other important advise is that Roberts Bank extends
miles into Georgia Strait, what looks like open ocean may not be; so,
plan to navigate a GPS course to the Sand Heads river entrance.
Double click the following photo, it shows locations of adjacent services.